DEBRA Door-to-Door Fundraising – PilotDoor-to-Door fundraising is the technique where by fundraisers visit people’s homes to talk about the charity and what they represent. Their aim is to help raise awareness for our registered charity DEBRA Ireland, CHY8703, and then only to seek donor support through Direct Debit donations.
How To Recognise DEBRA Ireland’s Door-to-Door Fundraisers
• DEBRA’s fundraisers will have photo ID and DEBRA Ireland contact details
• DEBRA’s fundraisers will under no circumstances seek or accept cash donations
• DEBRA’s fundraisers work between to hours of 9:30am to 8:30pm Monday through to Saturday
Areas We Work In -
• Our fundraisers are currently working in Co Kildare on a pilot scheme
• Their territory planner is updated on a weekly basis
• In the event that that you would like to receive further details in order to identify a specific fundraiser you can call us on 01 412 6924
Making A Compliant
DEBRA Ireland is committed to ensuring that all our communications and dealings with the general public and our supporters are of the highest possible standard.
We listen and respond to the views of the general public and our supporters so that we can continue to improve.
For full details, please click here to see complaints procedure.
Our Promises To You:
We will make sure your money is well spent.
Leave a Legacy to DEBRA Ireland
|One way in which you can continue to support our work is to leave a legacy in your will. Through leaving a special gift and remembering DEBRA Ireland in your will you will be helping us to provide support to patients and families affected by EB.|
What type of donation can I leave to a charity in my will?
• Residuary Legacy: If you would like to leave a gift from the remains of your estate after you have taken care of your family, friends and loved ones, you can bequeath the residue or part of the residue of your estate.
• Pecuniary Legacy: You may decide to leave a specific sum of money to the charity of your choice, the sum of which is determined when you make your will.
• Specific Legacy: You can also bequeath a particular item of value, for example jewellery, shares or property.
I already have a will – can I change it to include a charity?
If you already have a will, it is easy to make a change to it and include a charity of your choice. This is called a codicil and can be drawn up easily by your solicitor.
If you would like to receive more information about ‘Leaving a Legacy’ to DEBRA Ireland then please contact us at email@example.com or call 01 412 6924.
DEBRA Ireland is a member of Legacy Promotion Ireland who provide unbiased, useful information to individuals, charities and solicitors about leaving bequests to charities. Please visit www.legacypromotion.ie for more information.
Tax Efficient Giving
The 2001 Finance Bill means that DEBRA Ireland can claim back the tax paid on donations of €250 or more in any one year by individuals who are on PAYE. Tax refunds are calculated at 42%, or 20% or a combination of both depending on which rate is applicable. That means if you pay tax at the higher rate of 42%, a donation of €250 could be worth €360 to DEBRA Ireland.
Donations are cumulative throughout the tax year, so a standing order of €21+ a month will take you over the €250 threshold. At the end of the year we will send you the appropriate form that we need to claim back the tax. Those who are self-assessed may claim back the tax that they have paid on donations, so in order to pass on the benefit to DEBRA Ireland please remember to take this into account when deciding what donation to make.
For further details please check details on The Irish Charities Tax Reform website
Standing Order Donations
Standing Order Donations have provided DEBRA Ireland with a reliable, regular and continuous income stream. This dedicated income source has enabled DEBRA Ireland to grow and continue to provide patient support services and research into treatments and cures for Epidermolysis Bullosa (EB). One day, medical research will find a treatment that will alleviate the pain and heartache of EB, and Standing Order donations will continue to play a big part in making this happen. This income source makes a huge difference to us and those living with EB.
If you would like to set up a standing order with DEBRA Ireland download the word document fill it out and post it to us. If you would like more information please contact us on 01 4126924 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
Thank you to all of our supporters who currently have a standing order set up with us. We are extremely grateful for your continued support.
Click here to download a standing order form